STAYING SAFE TOGETHER IN HERTFORDSHIRE
Neighbourhood Watch is one of the biggest and most successful crime prevention initiatives ever, now involving millions of people across the country. It is based on the simple idea that you and your neighbours can help to reduce crime and create a better place to live, work and play.
Around 160,000 households in Hertfordshire are members of Hertfordshire Neighbourhood Watch, which is more than 1 in 5 of our residential addresses. The number of new members is increasing all the time, at a rate of about 500 per month.
2. Our Aims
- To support new or existing Neighbourhood watch schemes
- To encourage communities to look out for each other
- To provide Crime Prevention advice
- To work closely with local partners, Safer Neighbourhood Teams and councils to strengthen community safety awareness
- To support inclusion and diversity in our communities
3. Our Mission
- To support and enable individuals and communities to be connected, active and safe, all of which increases wellbeing and minimises crime.
4. Our Values
- Neighbourly ~ we aspire to be good neighbours
- Community focussed ~ we bring people together
- Inclusive ~ we are welcoming to all people regardless of age, gender, religion, or disability.
- Proactive ~ we encourage participation in all our communities
- Trusted ~ we are dependable, caring, respectful, approachable and supportive
- Collaborative ~ we work as a team, in partnerships and within community groups